TUESDAY 20 NOVEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Final Stage - Children (Emergency Protection Orders) Bill (NIA 6/07)
[Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
- Motion - Legislative Programme 2007/08
- Proposed: That this Assembly takes note of the Legislative Programme for the 2007/08 session, as agreed by the Executive on 18 October, and conveyed in the letter of 19 October 2007, from the First Minister and deputy First Minister to the Speaker.
[First Minister and deputy First Minister]
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Dangerous Dogs Legislation
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, in light of recent revelations about dog fighting in Northern Ireland, and of attacks by dogs on persons and other dogs in recent years, to review the dangerous dogs legislation with a view to providing enhanced protection in terms of both animal welfare and public safety.
[Mr T Lunn]
[Mrs N Long]
- Motion - Smoking Age Increase in Northern Ireland
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the increase in the age restriction on purchasing tobacco that has been implemented in Great Britain; and calls upon the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to implement the same age restriction in Northern Ireland, as a matter of urgency.
[Mr J Shannon]
- Referral of patients from Daisy Hill hospital to the Regional Acquired Brain Injury Unit.
[Mr D Bradley]