MONDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at noon
- Motion - Committee Membership - Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment
- Proposed: That Mr Francis Molloy replace Mr Mitchel McLaughlin as a member of the Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]
3.1 First Minister and Deputy First Minister
3.2 Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Economic Development Task Force
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment to establish a task force to address urgently the economic development of the west, including the areas covered by Fermanagh, Omagh, Strabane, Dungannon and Cookstown District Councils; and further calls upon the Minister to bring forward a report of the task force by 31st March 2008, to include specific recommendations to tackle neglect, increase investment and maximise opportunities for North-South funding aimed at improving infrastructure and achieving higher levels of employment and employability in these areas.
[Mr T Gallagher]
- Motion - Tax Varying Powers
- Proposed: That this Assembly supports the transfer of tax varying powers to the Executive, along with the establishment of an Executive borrowing facility.
[Ms J McCann]
[Mr M McLaughlin]