TUESDAY 5 JUNE 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE BUSINESS
- First Stage - Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill
A Bill to amend the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 in relation to the provision of health care; to amend the Smoking (Northern Ireland) Order 2006 to provide that in certain circumstances premises may not be smoke-free only in relation to performers; and for connected purposes.
[Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Rural Health Taskforce
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls for the establishment of a Rural Health Taskforce with the objective of delivering a focused and co-ordinated response to the health needs of people living in rural areas, including:
• a shared vision and co-ordination of activities;
• the development of strategic alliances;
• proper healthcare as part of a Bill of Rights; and
• an assessment of best practice and examination of how other European countries which share common borders deal with access to healthcare.
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]
[Mr B McElduff]
- Motion - Provision of Speech and Language Therapy
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the inequalities in the provision of speech and language therapy throughout Northern Ireland, and calls on the Executive to provide adequate and equitable resources and financial support.
[Mr P Ramsey]
[Mr D Bradley]
- Motion - Commissioner for Older People
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls upon the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister to prioritise, as a matter of urgency, the appointment of a Commissioner for Older People, as previously supported by the Transitional Assembly.
[Mrs M Bradley]
- Motion - Post Offices
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the grave threat to rural communities with the closure of up to two hundred Post Offices in Northern Ireland, and calls upon the Office of First Minister and Deputy First Minister to use their office to support the retention of Post Offices by advocating the use of Post Office services for governmental and council business as far as is practicable.
[Mr J Shannon]
[Mr A McQuillan]