TUESDAY 6 OCTOBER 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Further Consideration Stage - Rates (Amendment) Bill (NIA 2/09)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 Finance and Personnel
3.2 Assembly Commission
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Protestant Student Exodus
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister for Employment and Learning to bring forward measures to attract, and ensure that, students from a Protestant background are encouraged to opt for universities in Northern Ireland as their first choice, rather than universities in the rest of the United Kingdom.
[Mr A Easton]
[Mr J Craig]
- Motion - Investment in Social Housing
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern the particular impact on the housing construction industry of the current economic downturn; further notes the recent research by the University of Ulster that investment in social housing would have a multiplier effect on job creation; and calls on the Minister of Finance and Personnel to make monies available to invest in a programme of new build social housing across Northern Ireland.
[Mr D O’Loan]
[Dr A McDonnell]
[Mr T Burns]
- Unauthorised Monument in Newtownbutler.
[Mr T Elliott]