30 November 2007
Assembly Backing Business
Representatives from the top one hundred companies in Northern Ireland and the Federation of Small Businesses will be received at a reception hosted by the Speaker of the Assembly, Mr William Hay MLA, in Parliament Buildings on Tuesday 4th December.
The Speaker said:
“I am pleased to welcome the Northern Ireland business community to Parliament Buildings to meet the elected Assembly members and engage with them in how together we can generate inward investment and boost productivity enabling the whole community to move forward into the future.
This demonstrates that the Assembly is not only back in business but also backing business, and reflects the Assembly’s determination to increase our engagement with the wider community.”
At the reception the Speaker will also be switching on the lights of the Parliament Buildings Christmas tree.
Notes to editors:
- The reception will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Invitations have been issued to local Chambers of Commerce, investment organisations and leading companies in the retail, research and leisure industries.
- All the MLAs have been invited to attend.
- Anuna the celebrated singing group of Riverdance fame will be performing.
- A local family of harpists will also provide musical accompaniment.
- The Christmas tree has been sourced locally from Northern Ireland forests and will be recycled after use.
Media enquiries to:
Belfast . BT4 3XX
Tel. 028 90521642