TUESDAY 19 JUNE 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Second Stage - Libraries Bill (NIA 5/07)
[Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure]
- Second Stage - Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill (NIA 2/07)
[Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
- Further Consideration Stage - Welfare Reform Bill (NIA 1/07)
[Minister for Social Development]
- Further Consideration Stage - Budget Bill (NIA 3/07)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Teacher Induction Year
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes that, following the McCrone Report: ‘A Teaching Profession for the 21st Century’, a teacher induction scheme guarantees a one-year teaching post to every student graduating from a Scottish university with a teaching qualification; and calls upon the Minister of Education to liaise with the Scottish Executive on this matter, with a view to a similar scheme being introduced for teachers who train in Northern Ireland.
[Mr A Ross]
[Miss M McIlveen]
- Motion - Classroom Assistants’ Dispute
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Education to take immediate action to settle the issue of job evaluation for classroom assistants, by giving approval to the Education and Library Boards to put an equitable offer to the representative Trades’ Unions.
[Mr D Bradley]
- Car Parking Problems at Daisy Hill Hospital, Newry.
[Mr D Kennedy]