|Membership||What's Happening||Committees||Publications||Assembly Commission||General Info||Job Opportunities||Help|
TUESDAY 5 MARCH 2002
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am1. PRAYERS
2. SPEAKER'S BUSINESS
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
4. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Committee Membership: Finance and Personnel
Proposed - That Mr Roy Beggs replace Mr James Leslie as a member of the Committee for Finance and Personnel.
[Mr I Davis]
- Motion - Committee Membership: Business Committee
Proposed - That Mr David McClarty replace Mr Jim Wilson as a member of the Business Committee.
[Mr I Davis]
- Motion - Committee Membership: Standards and Privileges
Proposed - That Mr Derek Hussey replace Mr Roy Beggs as a member of the Committee on Standards and Privileges.
[Mr I Davis]
- Motion - Committee Membership: Committee on Procedures
Proposed - That Rev Dr William McCrea replace Mr Ian Paisley Jnr as a member of the Committee on Procedures.
[Mr M Morrow]
- Motion - Amend Standing Orders
Proposed - After Standing Order 73 insert:
"74. APPOINTMENTS TO THE ASSEMBLY COMMISSION
(1) The Assembly shall by resolution appoint the prescribed number of Members of the Assembly to be members of the Commission.
(2) Appointments under paragraph (1) shall be made within 28 days after the first sitting of the Assembly after dissolution.
(3) Any resolution under this Standing Order shall require cross-community support.
(4) In the event of a vacancy occurring, the Speaker shall, as soon as may be possible, inform the Assembly of the vacancy. Any vacancy shall be filled by resolution of the Assembly within 28 sitting days of the vacancy occurring.
(5) A person shall not be eligible for appointment as a member of the Commission if he/she holds a relevant office.
(6) Where a Member of the Assembly is appointed to a relevant office he/she shall forthwith cease to be a member of the Commission.
(7) A Commissioner may at any time resign by giving notice in writing to the Speaker.
(8) In this Standing Order a relevant office means a Minister, a junior Minister or a Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson of:
(a) a Statutory Committee;
(b) the Public Accounts Committee;
(c) the Audit Committee."
[Chairperson, Committee on Procedures]
- Motion - Report on the Energy Inquiry
Propsed - That this Assembly approves the report of the Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment on their inquiry into the Energy Report (3/01R) and calls on the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment to implement the Committee's recommendations at the earliest opportunity.
[Chairperson, Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment]
- Motion - Second Report of the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety
Proposed - That this Assembly approves the Second Report of the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety (2/01R) on the Delivery of Cancer Services in Northern Ireland and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to implement the Report's recommendations at the earliest opportunity.
[Chairperson, Committee for Health, Social Services and Public
|Home| Today's Business| Questions | Official Report| Legislation| Site Map| Links| Feedback| Search|