|Membership||What's Happening||Committees||Publications||Assembly Commission||General Info||Job Opportunities||Help|
TUESDAY 14 DECEMBER 1999
at 2.30 pm
WEDNESDAY 15 DECEMBER 1999
[Second Stage of Bills cannot be taken before 15 December]
at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
RESOLUTION FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF JUNIOR MINISTERS
Proposed: That this Assembly approves the determination by the First Minister and the deputy First Minister of the number of junior Ministerial offices, the procedure for appointment, and the functions which would be exercisable by the holder of each such office.
[Deputy First Minister]
3. STATUTORY COMMITTEE BUSINESS
Proposed: That this Assembly agrees the resolution set out in Annex A to "The Code of Conduct together with the Guide to the Rules relating to the Conduct of Members" [NIA 1] as resolved by the New Northern Ireland Assembly on 1 March 1999.
[Mr B Hutchinson]
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO STANDING ORDER 53
Proposed: After Standing Order 52(4) insert a new Standing Order:
(5) The Business Committee shall consist of thirteen Members.
(6) Each party delegation shall be entitled to cast the number of votes equivalent to the number of Members who adhere to the Whip of that party.
[Mr A Maskey]
Proposed: That the Business Committee shall consist of:
Mr I Davis
Mr D Ford
Mr B Hutchinson
Mr A Maskey
Mr M Morrow
Mr C Murphy
Dr A McDonnell
Mr E McGrady MP
Ms M McWilliams
Mrs I Robinson
Mr D Watson
Mr J Wilson
[Mr A Maskey]
Proposed: To amend Standing Order 54 in the first line, delete 'Standing' and insert 'Ad Hoc'.
[Mr J Wilson]
Proposed: To amend Standing Order "Standing Committee on European Affairs", at line 4, delete ('referred to it').
[Mr C Murphy]
Proposed: To amend Standing Order "Committee on Equality, Human Rights and Community Relations", at line 4, delete ('referred to it')
[Mr C Murphy]
Proposed: After Standing Order 57 insert a new Standing Order:
( ) COMMITTEE OF THE CENTRE
(1) There shall be a Standing Committee of the Assembly to be known as the Committee of the Centre, to examine and report on the exercise of the executive functions carried out in the Office of the First Minister and the Deputy First Minister, other than those addressed by the Standing Committee on European Affairs, and the Committee on Equality, Human Rights and Community Relations, and on any other related matters determined by the Assembly.
(2) The Committee shall have the power to send for persons and papers.
(3) The procedures of the Committee shall be such as the Committee shall determine.
[Mr D Ford]
[Mr P Robinson MP]
PROCEDURE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF CHAIRMEN AND DEPUTY CHAIRMEN OF COMMITTEES UNDER STANDING ORDER 4
BILLS: SECOND STAGE
Allowances to Members of the Assembly and Office Holders Bill (NIA Bill 2/99)
Financial Assistance for Political Parties Bill (NIA 3/99)
|Home| Today's Business| Questions | Official Report| Legislation| Site Map| Links| Feedback| Search|