TUESDAY 24 JUNE 2008
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Final Stage - Budget (No. 2) Bill (NIA 18/07)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
- Final Stage - Child Maintenance Bill (NIA 17/07)
[Minister for Social Development]
3. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Public Inquiry into the Maureen McGinley Case
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses concern that investigations by the Western Health and Social Care Trust and the Coroner’s Service have failed to provide a satisfactory explanation of the circumstances in which the late Mrs Maureen McGinley received a number of fractures following her death; commends the family of Mrs Maureen McGinley for their campaign in highlighting the issue; and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to initiate, as a matter of urgency, a full, independent and time-bound public inquiry.
[Chairperson, Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Irish Medium Primary School
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses concern at the refusal by the Minister of Education to consider proposals for new Controlled, Maintained and Integrated schools, whilst approving a plan for a new Irish Medium Primary School in Derry/Londonderry, despite advice from officials in the Department that there was already adequate capacity in this sector.
[Miss M McIlveen]
[Mr M Storey]
[Mr N McCausland]
Funding for School Age Childcare Services in Lurgan.
[Mr G Savage]