MONDAY 28 APRIL 2008
The Assembly to sit at noon
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Ad Hoc Committee: Local Postal Services
- Proposed: That, as provided for in Standing Order 48(7), this Assembly appoints an Ad Hoc Committee to consider, and make proposals for, partnerships that could enhance the economic case for viable local postal services, in accordance with its resolution of 21 April 2008; and to submit a report to the Assembly by 2 June 2008.
Sinn Féin 3
Quorum: The quorum shall be five Members.
Procedure: The procedures of the Committee shall be such as the Committee may determine.
[Mr D McNarry]
[Mr PJ Bradley]
- Motion - Extension of Committee Stage - Building Regulations (Amendment) Bill (NIA 11/07)
- Proposed: That, in accordance with Standing Order 31(4), the period referred to in Standing Order 31(2) be extended to 27 June 2008, in relation to the Committee Stage of the Building Regulations (Amendment) Bill (NIA 11/07).
[Chairperson, Committee for Finance and Personnel]
3.1 First Minister and deputy First Minister
3.2 Minister of the Environment
3.3 Minister of Finance and Personnel
3.4 Assembly Commission
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Review of Business Bureaucracy
- Proposed: That this Assembly recognises the burden, in terms of time and money, placed upon business in the past by unnecessary bureaucracy, out of date regulations and the “gold plating” of EU legislation; and calls upon the Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment to investigate the potential for a widespread review of business bureaucracy in Northern Ireland, with the aim of simplifying and consolidating necessary regulation and eliminating that which is no longer required.
[Mr S Hamilton]
[Mr R Newton]
[Mr D Simpson]
- Motion - Death of Raymond McCord Jnr
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with grave concern the report of the Police Ombudsman into the death of Raymond McCord Jnr and related matters; applauds the work of the McCord family’s campaign for justice; supports the ongoing criminal investigation into these matters; and calls on all individuals and organisations to cooperate fully with the Police Ombudsman and PSNI investigations.
[Mr A Attwood]
[Mr A Maginness]
[Mrs D Kelly]