TUESDAY 8 APRIL 2008
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Consideration Stage - Commission for Victims and Survivors Bill (NIA 12/07)
[First Minister and deputy First Minister]
- Final Stage - Taxis Bill (NIA 4/07)
[Minister of the Environment]
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Northern Corridor Railway Development
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with interest the report ‘Northern Corridor Railway Renaissance’ from the Northern Corridor Railways Group; welcomes its focus on embedding the development of the line in the wider development of the area it will serve; recognises the need for long-term thinking about rail services in the context of broader strategic plans for Northern Ireland and for local areas involved; accepts its arguments for the close involvement of the private sector; and endorses the need for the Railway Corridor Development Study which it proposes.
[Mr D O’Loan]
[Mr T Burns]
[Mr J Dallat]
[Mr M Durkan]
- Motion - Bill of Rights and Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its grave concern at the lack of cross-community support for the recommendations contained in the Report of the Bill of Rights Forum; and strongly urges the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission to ensure cross-community support for its advice to the Secretary of State.
[Mr D Kennedy]
[Mr T Elliott]
[Mr P Weir]
[Mr N McCausland]
- Footpaths in Kingsdale Park, East Belfast.
[Mrs N Long]