TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Final Stage - Pensions Bill (NIA 7/07)
[Minister for Social Development]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - FIFA Eligibility Proposal
- Proposed: That this Assembly opposes the recent eligibility proposal outlined by FIFA; believes it has the potential to cause serious harm to international soccer relations on the island of Ireland; and calls upon the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure to assist the Irish Football Association in opposing the ratification of this unfair and unjust proposal.
[Mr D Kennedy]
[Mr D McNarry]
- Motion - Transfer Procedure
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes that the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment has indicated that 31 January 2008 is the deadline for the creation of an alternative transfer test, which can be based on the revised curriculum; and, given the short timescale and the uncertainty which the indecision about the transfer procedure is causing, calls on the Minister of Education to present her proposals for the transfer of pupils from primary to secondary school immediately.
[Mr S Wilson]
- The route of the NIE North-South interconnector through the constituency of Newry and Armagh.
[Mr D Bradley]