MONDAY 8 OCTOBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Report of the Committee for Finance and Personnel on Workplace 2010 and the Location of Public Sector Jobs
- Proposed: That this Assembly takes note of the first Report of the Committee for Finance and Personnel on Workplace 2010 and the Location of Public Sector Jobs, and the response to the Report by the Department of Finance and Personnel.
[Chairperson – Committee for Finance and Personnel]
3. QUESTION TIME
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Crisis in Burma
- Proposed: That this Assembly views with the deepest concern the unfolding events in Burma; salutes the courage of the Burmese people in challenging the oppressive, corrupt and illegitimate military junta that has ruled Burma for decades and which has brought misery to the country and lives of its people; declares its support for Burma’s democratic leaders, in particular the imprisoned Aung San Suu Kyi, leader of the National League for Democracy, and calls for her immediate release; supports the call of the Prime Minister for the most extensive range of sanctions possible against the regime, under the auspices of the United Nations; and further calls on the British, Irish and other European Union governments to take all necessary action to help topple this despicable regime.
[Mrs C Hanna]
[Mr A Maginness]
- Motion - Referendum on the new European Union Treaty
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the United Kingdom Government to hold a referendum on the new European Union treaty.
[Mr A Easton]