TUESDAY 2 OCTOBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Company and Business Names (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2007
- Proposed: That the Company and Business Names (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2007 (S.R. 2007/344) be approved.
[Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment]
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - ‘Equality in Northern Ireland’ Report
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern the report by the Committee on the Administration of Justice ‘Equality in Northern Ireland: the rhetoric and the reality’; believes that the numbers of economically inactive Catholic and Protestant households is of particular concern; and calls on the Executive to ensure that the content and conclusions of the report inform decisions and proposals.
[Mr A Attwood]
- Motion - Sustainable Development and Climate Change
- Proposed: That this Assembly recognises sustainable development, in general, and climate change, in particular, as central to its considerations in all relevant areas of government, including opportunities to use local economic and technological innovation strategies to place Northern Ireland at the forefront of the emerging green economy in Europe.
[Mr B Wilson]
- Motion - Policing in Northern Ireland
- Proposed: That this Assembly condemns the recent murder of Mr Harry Holland, and other crimes, including the assault and robbery of an elderly resident in Dromore; supports the call for a zero tolerance policy against crime and anti-social behaviour on our streets; and opposes any move by the Northern Ireland Office to cut the policing budget or reduce the number of officers in the Police Service of Northern Ireland.
[Rt Hon Mr J Donaldson]
[Mr P Weir]
[Mr T Buchanan]