TUESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Action on Child Poverty
- Proposed: That this Assembly regards as unacceptable the current level of child poverty; and calls on the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister to confirm its commitment to the eradication of child poverty by 2020; and to provide an action plan with clear targets and measurable outcomes to ensure that all children are lifted out of poverty.
[Ms S Ramsey]
[Mrs C McGill]
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]
- Motion - Establishment of an Independent Environmental Protection Agency
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Executive to establish an independent Environmental Protection Agency for Northern Ireland.
[Mr B Wilson]
[Mr D Ford]
- Motion - Republican Parade
- Proposed: That this Assembly believes that Belfast City Centre should be a shared space; deplores the Sinn Fein sponsored parade to the City Hall on Sunday, 12th August 2007, which involved depictions of I.R.A terrorists and participants carrying guns; and calls on the PSNI and the Parades Commission to ensure that this never happens again.
[Mr N McCausland]
[Mr S Wilson]
[Mr R Newton]