MONDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Extension of Committee Stage: Libraries Bill (NIA Bill 5/07)
- Proposed: That, in accordance with Standing Order 31(4), the period referred to in Standing Order 31(2) be extended to 25 February 2008, in relation to the Committee Stage of the Libraries Bill (NIA Bill 5/07).
[Chairperson - Committee for Culture, Arts and Leisure]
- Motion – Administrative Support for Party Whips
- Proposed: That, as set out in section 2(4) of the Financial Assistance for Political Parties Act (Northern Ireland) 2000, this Assembly approves the revised scheme (NIA 26/07-08) laid before the Assembly on 20 September 2007, for payments to political parties for the purpose of assisting Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly who are connected with such parties to perform their Assembly duties.
[Mr A Maginness]
[Mr P Butler]
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 First Minister and Deputy First Minister
3.2 Minister of the Environment
3.3 Minister of Finance and Personnel
3.4 Assembly Commission
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Classroom Assistants
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls upon the Minister of Education to intervene immediately in the classroom assistants’ dispute, in recognition of the vital role of classroom assistants, and to prevent disruption to children’s education.
[Mr B McCrea]
[Mr K Robinson]
- Motion - World Alzheimer's Day
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses support for World Alzheimer’s Day on 21 September 2007; acknowledges that over 15,000 local people are currently living with Alzheimer’s, and that dementia is expected to rise by 27% over the next ten years, due to people living longer, which would result in 20,500 people in Northern Ireland living with dementia by 2017; and notes that maintaining current levels of service provision is not sufficient for such an increase, and that it is important for patients and their carers to receive the best care available and access to clinically effective drugs, when appropriate.
[Mrs C Hanna]
[Mr T Gallagher]
[Mrs M Bradley]