TUESDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2007
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Fuel Poverty
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister for Social Development to review the strategy for the eradication of fuel poverty, particularly amongst pensioner households and households with children.
[Mr R Beggs]
[Mr J McCallister]
- Motion - School Openings and Amalgamations
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern some of the decisions taken by the Minister of Education over the summer recess on school openings and amalgamations; and calls upon the Minister to clarify her approach to the recommendations of the Bain Report and the Sustainable Schools Policy published by her Department.
[Mr S Wilson]
- Motion - Heart Defect Screening Service
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its sympathy to the families of Patrick Breen and Patrick Devlin, who died recently on the sports field from heart defects; sympathises with all families on the island of Ireland who have lost loved ones in this way; calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to bring forward options for a comprehensive screening service; further calls on other Government Departments to co-operate in clarifying the costs of the development of such options, which should include schools and college services; and believes that such a service would benefit from co-operation and co-ordination through the North /South Ministerial Council and the British-Irish Council.
[Mr D Bradley]
[Mrs C Hanna]
Maximising tourism potential in the Strangford constituency.
[Mr S Hamilton]