TUESDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2010
The Assembly to sit at 10.30am
2. QUESTION TIME
2.1 Social Development
3. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Take Note Debate - Review of 2010-11 Spending Plans
- Proposed: That this Assembly takes note of the Review of 2010-11 Spending Plans for Northern Ireland Departments announced on 12 January 2010 by the Minister of Finance and Personnel.
[Chairperson, Committee for Finance and Personnel]
- Motion - Funding of the Lough Neagh and Lower Bann Advisory Committees
- Proposed: That this Assembly recognises the social and environmental importance of the Lough Neagh and Lower Bann regions and the economic contribution they make through employment, leisure and tourism; acknowledges the significance of the Lough Neagh and Lower Bann Advisory Committees in maintaining the value of these areas and the risks involved if funding of the advisory committees is withdrawn; and calls on the Minister of the Environment to reinstate Northern Ireland Environment Agency funding as a matter of urgency, and to encourage the other funding partners to continue their financial support.
[Chairperson, Committee for the Environment]
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- First Stage - Local Government (Disqualification) (Amendment) Bill (NIA 7/09)
A Bill to Amend the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 1972 to disqualify members of the Northern Ireland Assembly from being elected, or being, a councillor.
[Ms D Purvis]
The Importance of the Ulster Canal Project to the Coleraine and Limavady Council Areas and Beyond.
[Mr B Leonard]