MONDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2010
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - The Work and Families (Increase of Maximum Amount) Order (Northern Ireland) 2009
- Proposed: That the Work and Families (Increase of Maximum Amount) Order (Northern Ireland) 2009 be approved.
[Minister for Employment and Learning]
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister
4. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Statutory Committee Membership
- Proposed: That Mr Thomas Buchanan be appointed as a member of the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety; that Mr Jonathan Bell be appointed as a member of the Committee for Employment and Learning; and that Mr Jonathan Bell replace Mr Adrian McQuillan as a member of the Committee for the Environment.
[Mr P Weir]
5. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Education Bill
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with grave concern the failure by the Minister of Education to secure consensus on the Education Bill; further notes the unacceptable nature of the Minister’s interim governance and management arrangements; believes that these interim arrangements undermine the authority of this Assembly; and calls on the Minister of Education to urgently seek a resolution that is acceptable to all parties in the Executive.
[Mr B McCrea]
[Mr J McCallister]
- Motion - Government Efficiency
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Finance and Personnel to instruct the Performance and Efficiency Delivery Unit to assist the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety by investigating potential non-frontline savings within the DHSSPS remit and producing initial recommendations within three months.
[Mr S Hamilton]
[Mr P Weir]