MONDAY 18 JANUARY 2010
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- First Stage - Roads (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill (NIA 6/09)
[ Minister for Regional Development ]
A Bill to provide for permit schemes to control the carrying out of works in roads; for prohibiting or restricting the use of roads in connection with special events; for inquiries in connection with the exercise of certain functions relating to roads; and for connected purposes.
- Further Consideration Stage - Pensions Regulator Tribunal (Transfer of Functions) Bill (NIA 4/09)
[ Minister for Social Development ]
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister
3.2 Agriculture and Rural Development
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Compulsory Voting
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the positive effect that compulsory voting has had on democracy in the Commonwealth of Australia; and calls on Her Majesty’s Government to consider introducing similar rules for elections in the United Kingdom.
[Mr D Kinahan]
- Motion - Crisis in the Executive
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the large number of critical issues that the Executive has failed to resolve; expresses deep concern about the consequences for good governance, the economy and public services; and calls on the Executive to meet its responsibilities and to act in a collective manner for the good of Northern Ireland.
[Mr T Lunn]
[Mr D Ford]
[Mrs N Long]
[Dr S Farry]