MONDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. BUSINESS MOTION
- Motion - Suspension of Standing Orders
- Proposed: That Standing Orders 10(2) to 10(4) be suspended for 16 November 2009.
[Mr P Ramsey]
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Further Consideration Stage - Financial Provisions Bill (NIA 6/08)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
- Motion - Child Support (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations ( Northern Ireland) 2009
- Proposed: That the Child Support (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations ( Northern Ireland) 2009 be approved.
[Minister for Social Development]
- Motion - Legislative Consent Motion - UK Child Poverty Bill
- Proposed: That this Assembly endorses the principle of the extension to Northern Ireland of the Child Poverty Bill introduced in the House of Commons on 11 June 2009.
[First Minister and deputy First Minister]
4. QUESTION TIME
4.1 Health, Social Services and Public Safety
4.2 Regional Development
5. Committee Business
- Motion - Report on the Inquiry into Obesity
- Proposed: That this Assembly approves the report of the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety on its inquiry into obesity; and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety, in liaison with Executive colleagues and relevant bodies, to bring forward a timetable for implementing the recommendations contained in the report.
[Chairperson, Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
6. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - EU Fisheries Council
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the proposals submitted by the EU Fisheries Council to reduce fish quotas and days at sea; acknowledges that Irish sea stocks were fished in a sustainable manner during the past year; expresses concern in relation to the implications for the fishing industry should these proposals be adopted; calls on the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development to meet with the United Kingdom Fisheries Minister ahead of the Council meeting to convey the importance of these negotiations with regard to the future viability of the Northern Ireland fishing fleet; and calls on the Minister to participate personally and directly at the December meeting of the EU Fisheries Council, to ensure that these proposals are rejected.
[Mr I Paisley Jnr]
[Mr J Shannon]
[Mr W Irwin]