MONDAY 2 NOVEMBER 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. QUESTION TIME
2.1 Minister of Education
2.2 Minister for Employment and Learning
3. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Extension of Committee Stage: Water and Sewerage Services (Amendment) Bill (NIA Bill 03/09)
- Proposed: That, in accordance with Standing Order 33(4), the period referred to in Standing Order 33(2) be extended to 19 January 2010, in relation to the Committee Stage of the Water and Sewerage Services (Amendment) Bill (NIA Bill 03/09).
[Chairperson, Committee for Regional Development]
- Motion - Report on the Inquiry into Town Centre Regeneration
- Proposed: That this Assembly approves the report of the Committee for Social Development on its inquiry into town centre regeneration; and calls on the Minister for Social Development to implement the recommendations.
[Chairperson, Committee for Social Development]
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Ryan Report
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses grave concern at the findings of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse report (the Ryan Report) published in May 2009 in the Republic of Ireland; considers that such neglect and abuse of children and young people’s human rights must be subject to criminal law; recognises that children who were placed by state authorities in Northern Ireland in establishments or settings where they became victims of abuse are entitled to support and redress; calls on the Executive to commission an assessment of the extent of abuse and neglect in Northern Ireland, to liaise and work with the authorities in the Republic of Ireland and to report to the Assembly; calls on the Executive to provide funding to support helpline and counselling services which are now facing new demands; and further calls on the Executive to work, through the North South Ministerial Council, to ensure that all-Ireland protections for children and vulnerable adults are in place as soon as possible.
[Mrs C Hanna]
[Mr D O’Loan]
[Mr D Bradley]
[Mr M Durkan]
- Motion - Persecution of Christians in Orissa State
- Proposed: That this Assembly condemns the violent persecution of Christians in Orissa State, India; calls for the immediate ending of this religious persecution; and further calls on Her Majesty’s Government to press the Indian authorities to ensure the safety and religious freedom of Christians throughout India.
[Mr D Simpson]
[Mr S Moutray]
[Mr M Storey]