MONDAY 19 OCTOBER 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. QUESTION TIME
2.1 Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister
2.2 Minister for Regional Development
3. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Report of the Committee on Procedures
- Proposed: That this Assembly approves the Report of the Committee on Procedures on the Inquiry into Legislative Consent Motions.
[Chairperson, Committee on Procedures]
- Motion - Access to Childcare for Students in Further and Higher Education
- Proposed: That this Assembly agrees that widening access to Further and Higher Education is a key priority as outlined in the Programme for Government, and that a significant factor in widening access is the provision of campus-based childcare for students; calls on universities, university colleges and regional colleges to examine options for the provision of on-campus childcare, as a matter of urgency, or to seek to preserve or enhance existing childcare provision; and further calls on the Minister to promote such provision with his Executive colleagues.
[Chairperson, Committee for Employment and Learning]
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Policy on Personal Protection Weapons
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the dissident threat to serving and retired military personnel and police officers; and calls on the Chief Constable to review urgently the policy on personal protection weapons.
[Mr T Elliot]
[Mr B McCrea]
- Tor Bank School and Lagan College, South Belfast.
[Ms A Lo]