MONDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. ASSEMBLY BUSINESS
- Motion - Membership for the Committee of the Regions
- Proposed: That this Assembly nominates Mr Francie Molloy as a full member, and Mr John Dallat as an alternate member on the UK delegation to the Committee of the Regions; and notes that the Northern Ireland Local Government Association has nominated Councillor Jonathan Bell as a full member, and Councillor Arnold Hatch as an alternate member.
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]
- Motion - Appointment to the Assembly Commission
- Proposed: That, in accordance with Standing Order 79(4), Mr Pat Doherty be appointed to fill a vacancy on the Assembly Commission.
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- First Stage - Department of Justice Bill (NIA 1/09)
[First Minister and deputy First Minister]
A Bill to provide for the establishment of the Department of Justice and for the appointment of the Minister to be in charge of that Department.
- First Stage - Rates (Amendment) Bill (NIA 2/09)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
A Bill to amend the Rates (Northern Ireland) Order 1977; to make provision relating to the sharing of certain social security information with the Department of Finance and Personnel and others; and to confer a temporary power to make grants to district councils.
4. QUESTION TIME
4.1 Health, Social Services and Public Safety
4.2 Regional Development
5. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Standing Committee Membership
- Proposed: That the Rt Hon Jeffrey Donaldson and Mr David Hilditch replace Mr Jim Wells and Mr George Robinson as members of the Public Accounts Committee; that Mr Nigel Dodds replace Mr Nelson McCausland as a member of the Assembly and Executive Review Committee; and that Mr Trevor Clarke and Mr Thomas Buchanan replace Mr Jonathan Craig and Mr David Hilditch as members of the Standards and Privileges Committee.
[Mr P Weir]
- Motion - Statutory Committee Membership
- Proposed: That Mr George Robinson replace Mr Ian McCrea as a member of the Committee for the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister; that Dr William McCrea and Mr Jim Shannon replace Mr Trevor Clarke and Mr Edwin Poots as members of the Committee for Agriculture and Rural Development; that Mr Trevor Clarke and Miss Michelle McIlveen replace Mr Nelson McCausland and Mr Jim Shannon as members of the Committee for Culture, Arts and Leisure; that Mr Alastair Ross and Mr Jonathan Craig replace Mr Nelson McCausland and Mr Edwin Poots as members of the Committee for Education; that Mr Trevor Clarke replace Mr Alex Easton as a member of the Committee for Employment and Learning; that Mr David Simpson, Mr Gregory Campbell and Mr Stephen Moutray replace Mr Robin Newton , Mr Simon Hamilton and Mr Jim Wells as members of the Committee for Enterprise, Trade and Investment; that Mr Adrian McQuillan replace Mr Trevor Clarke as a member of the Committee for the Environment; that Mrs Iris Robinson replace Mr Thomas Buchanan as a member of the Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety; that Mr Ian McCrea replace Mr Alastair Ross as a member of the Committee for Regional Development; and that Mr Alex Easton replace Miss Michelle McIlveen as a member for the Committee for Social Development.
[Mr P Weir]
6. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Compensation from the Libyan Government
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the decision by the Scottish Government to release the Lockerbie bomber from prison, and supports the case being taken by the victims of IRA terrorism to claim compensation from the Libyan Government who supplied arms and semtex explosives to the IRA; and further calls on the UK Government to apply diplomatic pressure on Libya to pay this compensation.
[Rt Hon J Donaldson]
[Mr N Dodds]