TUESDAY 9 JUNE 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- First Stage - Housing (Amendment) Bill (NIA 7/08)
[Minister for Social Development]
- Consideration Stage - Diseases of Animals Bill (NIA 22/07)
[Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development]
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 Social Development
4. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Nomination of Comptroller and Auditor General
- Proposed: That this Assembly, in accordance with section 65(1) of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, nominates Mr Kieran Donnelly as the Comptroller and Auditor General for Northern Ireland.
[Chairperson, Audit Committee]
[Chairperson, Public Accounts Committee]
- Motion - Availability of Discounted College Courses for Older People
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister for Employment and Learning to enter into discussions with the Regional Colleges about the options for, and legalities surrounding, the reinstatement of concessionary course fees for older people; and seeks the Minister’s acknowledgement that the availability of these discounted courses provides considerable social, as well as educational, benefits to older people.
[Chairperson, Committee for Employment and Learning]
5. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Housing Budget
- Proposed: That this Assembly recognises the £100 million shortfall in the housing budget; notes in particular the lack of finance available for planned maintenance and improvement works, including private sector grants; calls on the Minister of Finance and Personnel to give top priority to housing in the forthcoming June monitoring round; calls on the Executive to recognise that investment in social housing can boost the construction sector and the wider economy at this time; and further calls on the Minister for Social Development, the Minister of Finance and Personnel and the Executive to put long term measures in place to secure the financial future for housing.
[Mr D O’Loan]
[Mr T Burns]
[Mrs D Kelly]
[Mr P Ramsey]
- Social Housing in Foyle.
[Mr M Durkan]