MONDAY 8 JUNE 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. EXECUTIVECOMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Social Security Benefits Up-Rating Order ( Northern Ireland) 2009
- Proposed: That the Social Security Benefits Up-Rating Order ( Northern Ireland) 2009 be approved.
[Minister for Social Development]
3. QUESTION TIME
- 3.1 Health, Social Services and Public Safety
- 3.2 Regional Development
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Diabetes Service Framework
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its concern at the threat posed by the ever increasing rates of diabetes; notes that Northern Ireland has the highest prevalence of the disease in the UK (5.4%) and remains the only area not to have a dedicated regional strategy to address the issue; and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to introduce a standalone Diabetes Service Framework.
[Mr J Shannon]
[Mrs C Hanna]
[Mr S Neeson]
[Mr K Robinson]
- Motion - Decline in Bee Population
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern the decline in the bee population in Northern Ireland and the potential impact this trend may have on agriculture, the environment, and the wider economy; further notes the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’ investment in research into bee population decline in England and the publication of a bee health strategy for England; and calls on the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development to invest in local research into bee health and to publish a bee health strategy.
[Mr L Cree]
[Mr T Elliott]