TUESDAY 12 MAY 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Dairy Sector
- Proposed: That this Assembly recognises the difficulties facing the dairy sector and calls on the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development to set up a task force to consider the way forward for the sector and how it can be assisted in advance of the abolition of milk quotas.
[Dr W McCrea]
[Mr E Poots]
[Mr W Irwin][R]
[Mr T Clarke]
- Motion - Proposal to establish an Ad-Hoc Committee on the Economic Downturn
- Proposed: That this Assembly reaffirms the priority given to the economy outlined in the Programme for Government; notes with concern the impact of the downturn on jobs, especially in the construction, manufacturing and service sectors; recognises the need to protect frontline services including health, education, skills and housing in the pursuit of efficiency savings; and resolves to establish an ad-hoc committee:
(i) to bring forward proposals to revise budget lines and spending profiles to ensure the best support for key economic sectors in the context of both current downturn and future recovery;
(ii) to explore innovative uses of public money to address the pressures caused by the global downturn and prospects for regional recovery; and
(iii) to consider proposals to ring-fence frontline public services and ensure more strategic targeting of efficiency savings.
[Mr M Durkan]
[Mr D O’Loan]
[Mrs C Hanna]
[Dr A McDonnell]
- Non-Acute Hospital Provision in Armagh City.
[Mr D Bradley]