TUESDAY 31 MARCH 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30am
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Pneumoconiosis, etc., (Workers’ Compensation) (Payment of Claims) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009
- Proposed: That the Pneumoconiosis, etc., (Workers’ Compensation) (Payment of Claims) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009 be affirmed.
[Minister for Social Development]
- Motion - Pre-Release Access to Official Statistics (Northern Ireland) Order 2009
- Proposed: That the Pre-Release Access to Official Statistics Order (Northern Ireland) 2009 be affirmed.
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Domestic Violence
- Proposed: That this Assembly deplores any instance of domestic violence and its implications for children, young people and vulnerable adults; calls on the Executive to bring forward proposals to ensure full access to refuge for persons affected and to address the issue of access to legal aid for vulnerable families; and further calls for adequate funding for the relevant support groups and community organisations in their campaigns and work in tackling domestic violence.
[Ms S Ramsey]
[Ms J McCann]
- Motion - All Party Assembly Group on Autism
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its concern at the high rate of autism and the consequent development challenges to Government and non Government agencies across health, education and social care; and commends the United Nations designation of 2 April as World Autism Awareness Day and the invitation to all Member States to observe this day annually to raise public awareness of autism.
[Mr J Craig]
[Mr B Wilson]
[Mr D Bradley]
[Mr K McCarthy]
[Mr J McCallister]
[Mr C Boylan]
- Motion - Sales of Alcohol to Minors
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister for Social Development to introduce a series of measures on off-licence sales of alcohol to reduce its availability to minors.
[Mr E Poots]
[Mr J Shannon]
- Urban Renewal Status for Upper Long Streets in North Belfast.
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]