MONDAY 30 MARCH 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
Vote on the Motion, as amended on 24 March 2009, without debate
- Motion (as amended) - ‘Act on CO2’ Advertising Campaign
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern the attempt by the Minister of the Environment to block the Department of Energy and Climate Change advertising campaign ‘Act on CO2’; further notes that the position is contrary to the targets set out in the Programme for Government to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 25% below 1990 levels by 2025; and calls on the Minister of the Environment to remove his opposition to the ‘Act on CO2’ advertising campaign; and, mindful of the Environment Committee’s vote of no confidence in the Minister of the Environment, calls on the Executive to launch a cross-departmental advertising campaign on climate change aimed at achieving the Programme for Government environmental protection targets.
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Further Consideration Stage - Presumption of Death Bill (NIA 23/07)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
- Motion - Legislative Consent Motion - Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill
- Proposed: That this Assembly endorses the principle of the extension to Northern Ireland of the provisions of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill dealing with the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation, and the entering into of arrangements with the Young People’s Learning Agency for England and the Chief Executive of Skills Funding.
[Minister for Employment and Learning]
- Motion - Draft Health and Social Care (Reform) (2009 Act) (Consequential Provisions) Order (Northern Ireland) 2009
- Proposed: That the draft Health and Social Care (Reform) (2009 Act) (Consequential Provisions) Order (Northern Ireland) 2009 be approved.
[Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
4. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Report of the Committee on Procedures on Inquiry into Assembly Questions
- Proposed: That this Assembly approves the Report of the Committee on Procedures on the Inquiry into Assembly Questions.
[Chairperson, Committee on Procedures]
5. QUESTION TIME
5.1 Health, Social Services and Public Safety
5.2 Agriculture and Rural Development
5.3 Social Development
6. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Financial Pressures on Householders
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the difficult economic conditions as a result of the global economic downturn; notes the impact on household bills; notes the increase in the regional rate during the period of devolution between 1999 and 2002, and again under direct rule between 2002 and 2007; notes the freeze in the domestic regional rate; and calls on the Minister of Finance and Personnel to ensure that every possible step is taken to reduce pressure on the bills of householders.
[Mr P Weir]
[Mr S Hamilton]