MONDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2009
The Assembly to sit at noon
2. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- First Stage - Financial Provisions Bill (NIA 6/08)
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
A Bill to confer absolute privilege on certain reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General for Northern Ireland; to enable the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment to incur expenditure for certain purposes; to provide for the costs of district rates collection to be charged on and issued out of the Consolidated Fund to the Department of Finance and Personnel; and to repeal the requirement on the Department of Finance and Personnel to prepare Finance Accounts.
3. QUESTION TIME
3.1 Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister
3.2 Employment and Learning
3.3 Finance and Personnel
4. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Closure of Residential Care Homes
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its opposition to the proposed closure of residential care homes by a number of Health and Social Care Trusts; and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to intervene and listen to the concerns of the community and take appropriate action to minimise the pain, stress and anxiety that this uncertainty has created among elderly care home residents, their families and health workers.
[Mr E Poots]
[Mr A Ross]
[Mr P Weir]
[Mr A Easton]
- Motion - Prison Service
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Prison Service to implement in full the recommendations made by the Prisoner Ombudsman in the report into the death of Colin Bell in Maghaberry Prison on 1 August 2008.
[Mr R McCartney]
[Ms M Anderson]