TUESDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Efficiency Savings
- Proposed: That this Assembly, while recognising that there is a need for efficiency savings within the health service, calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety, in this 60th year of the health service, to ensure that these savings do not impact on frontline services; and further calls for the budgets for the most vulnerable groups within our society, i.e. children, people with mental illness and older people, to be ring fenced.
[Chairperson, Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Walking and Cycling to School Initiatives
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Executive to invest further in walking and cycling to school initiatives to improve children’s health and reduce traffic congestion.
[Mr R Beggs]
[Mr F Cobain]
[Mr J McCallister]
- Motion - Western Health and Social Care Trust
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes that as a result of the Review of Public Administration, the Western Health and Social Care Trust has inherited a debt of £3.3 million; expresses concern about the impact of this debt on jobs and key services throughout the Trust area; and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety and the Executive to deal with this matter.
[Mr T Gallagher]
[Mrs M Bradley]
- Public Sector Jobs in North Antrim.
[Mr I Paisley Jnr]