TUESDAY 3 FEBRUARY 2009
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
2. COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Report on the Review of Teacher Education
- - Proposed: That this Assembly supports the report of the Committee for Employment and Learning on its Review of Teacher Education; and calls on the Minister for Employment and Learning, in conjunction with Executive colleagues, to implement, as a matter of urgency, the recommendations contained therein.
- [Chairperson, Committee for Employment and Learning]
3. PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Civic Forum
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the ongoing review of the Civic Forum; notes that it has not met since 2002; notes the absence of any value from the Civic Forum to date; notes the lack of a widespread public concern about the absence of the Civic Forum; and calls on the First Minister and deputy First Minister not to establish a new Civic Forum, but instead to investigate modern ways to interact with the public, including online interactive means of helping to shape public policy.
[Mr N McCausland]
[Mr S Moutray]
- Motion - Women’s Organisations
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses concern about the number of women’s organisations that have been unable to secure funding to deliver services for the community; and calls on the Executive to action cross-cutting Departmental commitments and for the Office of the First and deputy First Minister to monitor outcomes.
[Ms M Anderson]
[Ms J McCann]
- The Closure of Maghera High School.
[Mr B Armstrong]