TUESDAY 2 DECEMBER 2008
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Consideration Stage - Pensions (No. 2) Bill (NIA 2/08)
[Minister for Social Development]
- Motion - Hospital Car Parking Charges
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the announcement by the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety in May 2008 on the introduction of free hospital car parking for very ill patients and their families; and, while welcoming this announcement, further calls on the Minister to abolish all hospital car parking charges.
[Chairperson, Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety]
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Occupational Therapy Services
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to recognise that there is a lack of occupational therapy services which is adding to the waiting times for assessment and completion of urgent works within patient homes; and further calls on the Minister, in conjunction with the Minister for Social Development, to look at ways in which the Housing Executive can carry out minor works, including ramps, hand rails, outside lighting and showers, without an occupational therapy assessment.
[Mr P Maskey]
[Mr F McCann]
[Ms J McCann]
[Ms S Ramsey]