TUESDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2008
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Lands Tribunal (Salaries) Order (Northern Ireland) 2008
- Proposed: That the draft Lands Tribunal (Salaries) Order (Northern Ireland) 2008 be approved.
[Minister of Finance and Personnel]
- Motion - Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on draft Criminal Damage (Compensation) (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 2008
- Proposed: That this Assembly approves the Report of the Ad Hoc Committee set up to consider the draft Criminal Damage (Compensation) (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) Order 2008, and agrees that it be submitted to the Secretary of State as a Report of the Assembly.
[Chairperson, Ad Hoc Committee on draft Criminal Damage (Compensation) (Amendment) (NI) Order 2008]
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - 1859 Revival Anniversary
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes that 2009 will mark the 150th anniversary of the 1859 Revival; acknowledges the positive contribution made by the Revival to society; recognises that the positive impact of the Revival is still felt today; and calls upon the Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure to mark this anniversary during 2009.
[Mr D Simpson]
[Mr S Moutray]
[Mr M Storey]
[Mr J Wells]
- Motion - Levy on Plastic Carrier Bags
- Proposed: That this Assembly supports, in principle, a levy on plastic carrier bags and notes the French Government’s decision to ban non- biodegradable plastic bags by 2010; and calls on the Minister of the Environment to bring forward legislation, as a matter of priority, to introduce a levy on plastic carrier bags and to develop a plan to phase out their use.
[Mr D McKay]
[Mr C Boylan]
- Motion - Forest and Woodland Targets
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the limited target set in the Programme for Government for increasing the area of forest and woodland; and calls on the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development to detail the strategies that are in place to achieve the 2006 Forestry Strategy target of doubling woodland cover in the next fifty years.
[Mr K Robinson]
[Mr T Elliott]
[Mr B Armstrong]