TUESDAY 7 OCTOBER 2008
The Assembly to sit at 10.30 am
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Cuts in Ambulance Services
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the proposals to reduce the level of ambulance service provision and calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to find savings elsewhere and to agree not to reduce the ambulance cover.
[Mr K McCarthy]
[Ms A Lo]
- Motion - Opportunities for Special Needs School Leavers
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls upon the Minister for Employment and Learning to provide the opportunities and support necessary to ensure that young people leaving special needs schools at 16 and over 19 years of age can further their education and aspire, where appropriate, to meaningful employment.
[Dr W McCrea]
[Mr D Simpson]
- Motion - Regional Investment Inequalities
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on Invest NI, the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and the Executive Committee to develop urgently, and implement, new and innovative measures for tackling the existing patterns of regional investment inequalities; and to target resources and efforts towards those in greatest objective need.
[Ms M Anderson]
[Mr R McCartney]
[Ms J McCann]
[Ms C Ní Chuilín]