MONDAY 6 OCTOBER 2008
The Assembly to sit at noon
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BUSINESS
- Motion - Draft Fixed-Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations ( Northern Ireland) 2008
- Proposed: That the draft Fixed-Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations ( Northern Ireland) 2008 be approved.
[Minister for Employment and Learning]
- Motion - Extension of Committee Stage: Diseases of Animals Bill (NIA Bill 22/07)
- Proposed: That, in accordance with Standing Order 33(4), the period referred to in Standing Order 33(2) be extended to 17 February 2009, in relation to the Committee Stage of the Diseases of Animals Bill (NIA Bill 22/07).
[Chairperson, Committee for Agriculture and Rural Development]
4.1 Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
4.2 Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
4.3 Minister for Social Development
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Strategy for Cohesion, Sharing and Integration
- Proposed: That this Assembly expresses its concern at the delayed publication of the Strategy for Cohesion, Sharing and Integration; calls on the First Minister and deputy First Minister to publish their strategy without further delay and to detail how this strategy will promote reconciliation, the ideal of a truly shared future and how it will help the Executive’s commitment to eradicate poverty.
[Mrs D Kelly]
[Mr A Maginness]
[Mrs C Hanna]
- Motion - Comber Greenway
- Proposed: That this Assembly acknowledges the health benefits that outdoor exercise offers children and adults, including positive mental well-being; recognises that safe walking and cycling routes contribute greatly to this and are in short supply in urban areas; and calls on the Minister for Regional Development to preserve safe pedestrian and cyclist access on the Comber Greenway.
[Ms D Purvis]
[Mrs N Long]
- Primary School Education in South Belfast.
[Dr A McDonnell]