MONDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2008
The Assembly to sit at noon
2.1 Minister of Education
2.2 Minister for Employment and Learning
2.3 Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
PRIVATE MEMBERS’ BUSINESS
- Motion - Town Centres and PPS 5
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes with concern the impact that out-of-town retail centres can have on the viability of town centres; and calls on the Minister of the Environment to publish and implement PPS 5.
[Mr R Beggs]
[Mr L Cree]
[Mr A McFarland]
- Motion - Review of Conviction Case
- Proposed: That this Assembly notes the concerns regarding the conviction of John Torney who maintained his innocence up to his death in July 2005; recognises that evidence has emerged that was not made available at the trial and that the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) has yet to investigate fully all aspects of this new evidence; expresses concern at the lack of progress by the CCRC in complying with the Order of the Divisional Court in the High Court made on 22 June 2005; and calls on the CCRC to review all aspects of the case with a view to its referral to the Court of Appeal.
[Mr A Maginness]
[Mr A Attwood]
- Motion - Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Proposed: That this Assembly calls on the Minister of Health, Social Services and Public Safety to introduce policies to reduce the level of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder; where necessary co-operating with other agencies and Departments; and to introduce dedicated teams to assist families affected by Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
[Mr G Robinson]
[Mr T Buchanan]