Welcome to the Home Page of the *Committee for Employment and Learning which has been established to advise and assist the Minister for Employment and Learning, Ms Carmel Hanna in the formulation of policy with respect to matters within her responsibilities and to undertake a scrutiny, policy development and consultation role with respect to the Minister for Employment and Learning, Ms Carmel Hanna.
Here you will find information about the Committee membership and the work of the Committee.
|Democratic Unionist Party||Mr Mervyn Carrick**
Mr David Hilditch1
Mr Roger Hutchinson
|NI Women's Coalition||Prof Monica McWilliams
|Sinn Fein||Mr Barry McElduff2
Ms Michelle Gildernew3
|Social Democratic and Labour Party||Mr Michael Coyle4
Mr John Dallat
|Ulster Unionist Party||Dr Esmond Birnie*
Dr Ian Adamson5
Mrs Joan Carson6
*An Act to change the name of the Department of Higher and Further Education, Training and Employment to Department for Employment and Learning was given Royal Assent on 20 July 2001.
1. Mr David Hilditch replaced Mr William Hay on 27 May 2002.
2. Mr Barry McElduff replaced Mr John Kelly on 1 July 2002.
3. Ms Michelle Gildernew replaced Ms Mary Nelis on 1 July 2002.
4. Mr Michael Coyle replaced Mr Arthur Doherty on 16 September 2002. Mr Arthur Doherty had replaced Mr Joe Byrne on 20 May 2002. Mr Doherty died on 6 February 2003.
5. Dr Ian Adamson replaced Mr Roy Beggs on 15 April 2002.
6. Mrs Joan Carson replaced Rev Robert Coulter on 11 September 2000.