Northern Ireland Assembly
COMMITTEE FOR EMPLOYMENT AND LEARNING
INQUIRY INTO YOUNG PEOPLE NOT IN EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT OR TRAINING
The Northern Ireland Assembly Committee for Employment and Learning has decided to hold an inquiry into young people (16-24) not in education, employment or training (NEET).
The questions below will form the Terms of Reference for the Committee’s Inquiry:
- What tend to be the characteristics, experiences and barriers common to those young people who are NEET and what prevention/intervention strategies might be useful to reduce their numbers?
- What kinds of best practice are available to those working with young people who are NEET and what has been shown to work particularly well in our local situation?
- How best might young people who disengage from the ‘system’ be tracked/monitored?
- What are the best and most useful elements of other Strategies for young people who are NEET that could be applied locally?
- What elements/funding would be required within a Strategy for young people who are NEET and what cross-departmental Action/Implementation Programmes are needed to address the situation?
Any organisation or individual with an interest in this issue is invited to submit written evidence by e-mail (in MS Word) to email@example.com on any or all of the questions within the Terms of Reference .
If you do not have access to the internet or e-mail facilities or you have any other enquiries, please contact:
Clerk to the Committee for Employment and Learning
Parliament Buildings, Belfast, BT4 3XX.
Tel: 028 9052 0379.